Want a First Monday Trade day Permit?
1-256-574-3100 ext. 237
(1) First Monday permits will be issued by the Special Events Coordinator Office located in Scottsboro City Hall at 916 South Broad Street, Scottsboro, Alabama 35768. The phone number is 1-256-574-3100 extension 237.
(2) Monthly First Monday Weekend permits may be renewed from month to month between the hours of 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday thru Friday. The cost of the annual permit is $60.00. October thru March spaces will be free, & April thru September spaces will be $5.00,.During the free months each vendor is still required to have a permit. Call to check for space availability.
(3) Vendorís permits must be prominently displayed at VENDORíS site.
(4) Other than Boiled Peanut Vendors ALL FOOD VENDORS MUST HAVE a Food Handlers Permit from Jackson County Health Department and must place a copy of that permit at the time they apply for a First Monday Weekend Permit.
(5) Food Vendors that have a current Food Handlers Permits from a County other than Jackson County Health Department need to take or FAX a copy of their existing permit to the Jackson County Health Department prior to applying for a First Monday Weekend Permit. Jackson County Health Department will then either validate your existing permit or issue you a Jackson County Health Permit. If you are only operating in Jackson County once or twice a year, there is no cost for this permit. If you are seeking a Annual Permit the cost is $25.00. If you are planning to take a copy of your license to the Jackson County Office it is best to call ahead and make sure that one of the Inspectors will be available to meet with you. For any additional questions pertaining to a Food Handlers Permit call 1-256-259-5882 or their toll free number 1-800-239-4979 and ask to speak with the Inspector. The best time to call is between 8:30 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. Monday thru Friday. The FAX number for the Jackson County Health Department is
(6) Vendor spaces are 10 feet wide by 12 feet deep. Each Vendor is entitled to have one vehicle in their space. The vehicles MUST BE inside their space.
(7) Vendors may begin setting up their spaces after 6 p.m. on Friday of First Monday Weekend. All Vendors must be out of their spaces by 6 p.m. on Monday
(8) No new merchandise may be sold from a Vendor spaces located around the Court House Square. This refers to all those spaces numbers from 100 up through 399.
(9) There are 58 spaces located between Appletree Street and Peachtree Street and 26 spaces located in the parking lot on the corner of South Market and Laurel Street that are visible from the Square that are available to Vendor wishing to sell new merchandise. These spaces are numbered from 400 Ė 458 and 500-526. These spaces are the same size and rent for the same price as the spaces around the square. The hours of operation will be the same as for the Vendors operating on the Square. Permits must be obtained for these spaces as well.